Occasionally, I go back to look over old lists, I notice something: a good bit of the goals I wrote down got accomplished. Who knew? I just did this exercise over the weekend morning and found quite a few goals I had set months and years ago, got accomplished.
So now I am thinking about a few news goals to set over the next year.
Among many goals I'd like to tackle, I'd like to learn some new skills. In the next 12 months I want to learn a few new skills, and I want to create a learning plan for doing it.
Here is a list of things I want to learn:
- Sales - How to sell and sell better.
- Running a Business - How to run a profitable business.
- BigData - I want to learn what Big Data is, what can be done with it, and understand implications.
- Cloud Computing - I don't want to learn how to program in Hadoop or how to spin up and administer a cloud of virtual servers. I want to learn the big picture, so I can discuss cloud computing beyond the argument, "Wasn't E*TRADE and Yahoo Mail! doing cloud computing back in the 90s? What's the big deal?"
- How to run 2 ultra marathons per year - I want to learn how to create a training plan, proper nutrition, and to run injury free. I'd also like to learn how to stay at a consistently lean body weight and how to train consistently over time.
Next step is to create a plan for how I will learn these new things.
What new things do you plan to learn over the next 6-12 months?